You don't wear a show-stopping dress without a few accessories, so why make a dish without adding an extra pop of flavor? This magical combination is not something you want to miss out on. The chops are tender, the taste is bold, and the time it takes from kitchen to table is only 35 minutes.
- 6 to 8 thin bone-in pork chops
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green apples, diced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup apricot jelly
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the chops on both sides with 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper, then sear (in batches) until browned on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Using the same skillet, add the onion, garlic, and apples, cooking about 5-8 minutes until everything is soft and translucent.
- Deglaze the pan with chicken stock, making sure to scrape up the browned bits with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the apricot glaze, reduce the heat, and cook until slightly thickened and reduced.
- Return the chops to the sauce and simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with a garnish of fresh parsley.